Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Attacks Continue

It felt good to get back to "normal" workouts today after taking a couple of days off from a challenging weekend. Good until the run that is.

The birds it seems have long memories and hold grudges. Today I was harassed by a red winged black bird - my old nemesis. It was a quick harassment. Two miles into my run I heard the familiar "keck" sound of a red winged blackbird in flight. I looked back and he was on my six about a yard away. I threw up my arm and he winged back and retreated to the safety of a telephone pole. I continued running and he came at me again. Same attack, same result. After the second attack I apparently had left his territory and he lost interest.

While running past a meadow I looked up and saw a red tailed hawk. He was being pursued by two fairly irritated sounding finches. The hawk pretty much ignored them. Ah hah! Now I know what's up. After the Falcon incident and the resulting mental shift I'm now apparently viewed by the other birds as a bird of prey. Apparently they didn't realize I was posting in metaphors - I think they may have taken things a little too seriously.

Perhaps I've been a bird of prey for a while now. The attacks started a while back while training so maybe they saw something developing that I didn't see. Now I know what I am and I know what they represent. The attacks are more frequent now so apparently they know what I am as well. Bring it on I say.



Workout Summary
  • 1500 yard swim - continuous, focus on form
  • 45 minute spin class - intervals
  • 4.5 mile run - 1/2 at AT - 1/2 at LT
  • 30 minutes circuit/core/stretching

    Still not entirely happy with my running - I've decided to alter my routes to bump up my mileage (and mess with the birds a bit). My run form feels good but my heart rate seems high for the effort. I had big trouble keeping my heart rate down for the runs at the Triple T so I'm going to work in more distance as well as more LT/AT runs to increase my efficiency.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »