Saturday, February 04, 2006

Beginnings

Having read many blogs from some tremendously talented bloggers I've been inspired to begin one of my own! Quite an intimidating undertaking for me - I've already erased more "first" starts to this then the words you've read so far, Not sure what the hang up is. I think starting is the hard part. We all become comfortable in our routines and life patterns. Starting something new often takes us outside our comfort zones. Indeed, starting a blog takes me way outside my comfort zone as my opinions, joys, and fears will be exposed to potentially millions of people - some of which will agree, some of which will criticize. An Aikido sensei once told me that being uncomfortable is a good thing - it means you are growing. Funny how a few words can give you such an amazing insight into life. I've also often told my children that being brave means doing something even though you're afraid to do it. So, I'm diving in, come what may....

I suppose a little about myself is in order at this point. I'm 40, married, and I have two children. My primary interest outside of family and work is the sport of Triathlon. I suspect that much of the posting and writing I'll be doing on this blog will be triathlon related which is also the inspiration for the name 3 Iron. I also enjoy photography, music (I play the bass guitar), and reading. My reading tastes vary widely from eastern philosophy to science fiction - just depends on my mood at the time.

So with that as an introduction I'm going to publish this post and see where things go from there!

No comments: