Thursday, August 31, 2006

Summaries

Another one of those days... Just time for summaries.


Workout Summary
  • 3.5 mile run - LSD (Wednesday)
  • 1500 yd swim - mixed (form and intervals)
  • 45 minute spin class
  • 5 mile run - tempo
  • 30 minutes circuit/core/stretching

    Got in a short run on Wednesday at lunch. I've been wanting to throw another midweek run into the schedule and finally got a chance. Over the next two months I'll grow this to a 7 or 8 mile run. Need the extra volume to make sure I don't get too wrecked by the marathon.

    Mixed up the swim a bit today. I've been doing a lot of LSD work so I spent today doing lots of drills with intervals. Shoulders were a bit sore from some cable work I did during Tuesday's circuit training but not bad enough to break form so I worked through it.

    Spin was pretty good - the Thursday instructor has great music. Choreography on the other hand wasn't so good so I did my own thing including lots of one legged drills, thus confirming to the rest of the class that I'm a head case.

    First half of the run felt great so I pushed hard - 5 minute intervals deep into zone 5. Second half of the run I remembered that I'm supposed to go around 18 or so miles so I backed it off and kept at tempo pace.
  • No comments: