Sunday, August 20, 2006

Only Summaries

Another busy weekend - only time to jot down my summaries!

Workout Summary
  • 17 mile run - 2:35

    Went a bit overboard on the run today but the weather was fantastic and I just couldn't help myself. Plus I think I'm feeling a little residual guilt for not running last weekend due to the Dairyland Dare. I played it smart though and ran about 70% on gravel trails and kept my pacing around ten minute miles. Little tightness here and there but overall things feel pretty good.

    Weekly Summary
    Definitely felt the after shock of the Dairyland Dare this past week. Legs were still heavy but they held up well enough that I felt confident to go longer than planned on today's run. Only skipped workout was the Saturday bike ride - rainy in the morning and plans for the afternoon. Not too worried about that though as my focus is more on getting my run up to Marathon distances.

    Also need to be a bit more consistent next week for the bike - still have one more half in September and then the Hilly Hundred weekend in October so I can't completely drop the bike just yet.
  • No comments: