Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Setup

They're setting something up. This morning I saw two mourning doves on my deck casually looking through the sliding glass door as poured my morning cup of "kick-ass". Then, while swimming at the club, I saw two sparrows flutter up and perch on the window and cautiously peer in. When they saw that I had seen them they flew away.

Look, I'm not normally the paranoid type but this is getting down right weird. On my long run on Sunday two gold finches traveled along with me going from telephone pole to telephone pole for a 1 mile stretch before fluttering off. I saw them again the second time through the same stretch. They're keeping close tabs on me. They must be planning something big. I hope they don't have connections in Ohio otherwise Triple-T could be more challenging than I was expecting. Now I'm going to have to change all my workout routes and never do the same one twice. I hope I don't have to look into relocation programs.

Maybe I should stop eating chicken. I need an informant.



Workout Summary
  • 10 mile LSD run (Sunday)
  • 30 minutes yoga (Monday)

  • 1750 swim - 35 minutes continuous (threw in some sighting drills every 250)
  • 45 minute spin class
  • 3 mile run
  • 20 minutes core/stretching

    Taper workouts today - about 75% of my normal workouts done mainly in zone 2. I also cut the circuit training for this week. The run was hard to reign in because it was beautiful out this morning and I'm getting nervous about the tri this weekend so I wanted to burn some energy but I kept the hounds reigned in.

    My glute injury has been reduced to something like a dull tightness but it doesn't throw my running form off so I'm good. Played Lacrosse with my son for a bit yesterday to put some lateral pressure on it and nothing popped so I think I'm through the woods on that one though I will still baby it a bit.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »