Monday, May 01, 2006

Eminence - Day 7

Day 7 never happened. We woke up to more rain and 30 MPH winds. The rain was forecasted to last the entire day, so we decided rather than spend the day holed up in the cabin we'd just bag it and head for home. I felt a little bad for E and M who had driven 480 miles to ride less than 200 over two days. That's the problem with planning bike trips - you're completely at the mercy of the weather. H and I were more lucky in this department - though the forecast earlier in the week was bad and although it looked like we'd be showered upon daily, we missed all of the rain and severe weather in the area

In addition things were going rough on the home front. For some reason whenever I leave on any type of trip my family gets sick. This time it was my daughter and my wife that got hit. Listening to her on the phone I could tell she was worn out after dealing with the kids and work all day. As I've said in an earlier posting - she is indeed a saint. On the positive side my son had a couple of good hockey games and racked up another three goals and two assists. I couldn't wait to get back home and civilization after being gone for a week in the backwoods of southern Missouri.

No comments: