Monday, May 01, 2006

Eminence - Day 6

Today everyone was tired - especially H and I after our century the day before on top of all of the other riding we had been doing. And of course we decided to do some more climbing - not that there's much choice in this area of Missouri

We decided to head east on 106 for today and then up SR K to a town called Reynolds and back. The route east on 106 was definitely more challenging then the same route coming west. The climbs seemed steeper and longer. At the turnoff to SR K M and H decided they'd had enough and returned to Eminence. E and I pressed on up SR K to Reynolds. The route to Reynolds was a 3% grade for 15 miles. The "town" of Reynolds consisted of a small grocery/gas store and three rotting trailers

On the way back E started singing. There is an unstated rule between E and I - one that started on TOMRV a few years back. During the TOMRV ride E started singing an old Pink Floyd tune. He then began making up his own lyrics. He is not a good lyricist. He's an even worse singer. So I kicked up the pace and dropped him to get away from the noise. Now when he wants to suffer by himself (as we all sometimes need to do) he starts singing, knowing full well what my reaction will be. It didn't matter to me that it was at the bottom of a particularly tough hill. I kicked it up and didn't see him until I was done with my shower back at the cabins

Just as E pulled in the rain started to fall - talk about timing! Unfortunately the rain lasted the entire night.



Workout Summary
  • Bike ride: 80 miles / 4:57 hrs / 7761 ft of climbing
  • No comments: