Sunday, July 02, 2006

Only Time for Summaries

Busy day today - no time for the usual ramblings. I'm sure you'll get over it....



Workout Summary
  • 16 mile run - 2:30 - Z3

    Weekly Summary
    Overall workouts this week went well. In the past it's been difficult for me to add a midweek run but it seemed to go ok - at least for this week. Also was able to get out for the club bike ride on Thursday evening. I expected to be slow since my Thursday morning workouts were a bit flat energy wise but ended up feeling pretty good.

    Long bike this weekend was a challenge, but it was also quite fun. Rather than sticking with my planned three-loop local route I decided to "wing it" and picked roads that took me into the wind. That way I could cash in for the ride home. I ended up at Fermilabs in Batavia. Unfortunately I misjudged and didn't have enough water - or money on me. Fortunately for me I found a water pump behind a tennis course at the little village they maintain inside the campus. Note to self - double check and make sure you bring money idiot. How long have I been doing this?

    Long run today was also good - an out and back along the prairie path. For the first time in a few weeks I went out with my iPod but avoided my cadence based playlists and let my legs do what they wanted. Time passes a lot quicker with the distraction. Finally snuck out yesterday and got some new shoes which also helped contribute to a good run.

    Going to have to watch injuries a little more closely during the coming week. My long run aggravated my heel injury a bit though the groin injury seems to be under control.
  • No comments: