Saturday, July 22, 2006

IM Decision Time

Negotiations were completed late the other night. My final decision was made during my LSD run today. This year's race is tomorrow which I'll be watching over Ironman Live to get a feel for what I'll be in for. The day after registration will open. I'll be ready and waiting with credit card in hand. Cable modem don't fail me now.

The 2nd Ironman for me will be Ironman USA in Lake Placid next year, assuming I get registered before it fills. At this point I'm planning to do a 1/2 sometime in June as a pre-IM tuneup. I had thought about doing TTT again but I got a bit of push back when I threw that out during negotiations. I'll also probably do a 4-5 day training trip around mid May - probably after Mother's day to get some experience with the course and the area. This definitely helped me out for IM Wisconsin so I'm going to try that approach again.

366 days to go.



Workout Summary
  • 16.5 mile LSD run - 2:30

    Decided to run long today instead of ride because we're going to a party tonight and my inlaws have the kids for the weekend. Quality time with my wife is definitely worth skipping a workout. I took the same trail route that I did a few weeks ago and ran it at about the same rate and effort. The good news is that I had no injury troubles, though my legs are a little smoked at the moment as they should be.
  • No comments: