Monday, October 16, 2006

Summaries

Workout Summary
  • 3060 yd swim - LSD - continuous (Friday)
  • 21.5 mile run - LSD (Sunday)

    Weekly Summary
    Mid week bricks were a mixed bag - Tuesday I felt pretty strong but Thursday was a bit of a struggle energy wise.

    My long swim on Friday went well - backing off on Tuesday and Thursday paid off and I ended up going 500 or so yards more than I was originally planning. Over the winter I'm going to try to keep my swim and run volumes fairly high. That way when spring comes I'll only need to catch up on the bike, instead of all three like I did at the beginning of this season.

    Blew the bike workout on Saturday. Had originally planned on getting out on the mountain bike for a bit but when the alarm went off at 6 I decided I needed the sleep more. My priorities over the winter will be running and swimming so if I blow a long bike workout now and then I'm not going to get too worked up about it. Plus I didn't want to be a zombie for my "date" with my wife on Saturday evening. We celebrated 11 years of marriage at Harvest located at the Pheasant Run Resort. I'd highly recommend it - service was excellent as was the food (and of course the company!).

    To make up for skipping my long run last weekend (due to the hilly) I decided to get in one last 20 miler before tapering down for the marathon. About 2/3 through the run the bottoms of my feet started getting sore - which means it's time for a new pair of running shoes. Other than some minor/typical joint aches and pains the run went very well. My pacing was pretty slow (around a 9:30 mpm) compared to my PR pace (8:24 mpm) but I'm not going for a PR in New York so I'm not too concerned.
  • 1 comment:

    3iron said...

    The phrase "Those that play hard, pay hard" comes to mind!