Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spring Break

Time for a quick posting before it's off to hockey practice and then a mad round of packing before our spring break trip. Last October my wife and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. Originally we planned on going to Hawaii for a week to celebrate. We diligently saved our air miles and put aside money for the trip. After researching where we would stay, what we would do there, and where we would send our kids to (probably my parents for the week) we chucked the whole thing.

Instead we opted for a family trip. The kids love being at the beach. My wife and I would have spent a great deal of our time thinking "Man, the kids would really love this". So we opted for the Beaches resort in Negril, Jamaica. Plane leaves first thing tomorrow! We're all completely psyched!

Of course, this will put a bit of a dent in my workout schedule. I'm planning on getting plenty of ocean swims and hitting the health club but I've found that it's tough to follow through when there's a nice comfy pool chair calling your name. We'll see what happens. Have been working hard for a couple of months now so a week break won't hurt.

Unless I discover wireless internet access it's unlikely I'll be posting for about a week. My advice - take a break this week - enjoy the people around you. The mental break will far exceed any physical loss.


Workout Summary
  • 11.5 mile overdistance run.
  • No comments: