Monday, January 29, 2007

Week in Review (1/22 - 1/28)

This is my fourth prep week period. One more week of prep before I begin bumping up the volumes as I progress into my first build phase.

Overall I'm still feeling solid - though definitely not as peppy as when I started. Since the holidays I also lost nearly ten pounds. I had gained about seven or so over the holidays and now I'm three below my "fighting" weight of 150. Apparently I need to start eating more! I plan to start doing more eating directly after workouts to help with recovery and also throw in a few more snacks during the day.

This weekend turned out to be a bad one for training - had to flip my long run and bike days and then was only able to get half the time I had wanted on the bike on Sunday. The skip was partially due to things I had no control over, though I think that with better planning I could have found a way to get the whole workout in.



Still doing fairly well with the heart rate zones. Numbers probably would have been better had I completed my long bike on Sunday but overall things are about where they should be with a majority of my time being spent in zone 1.



Injuries
  • Groin injury: Definitely getting better, though I'm still a bit sore after my long run.
  • Lower back - left side: Still a bit weak though definitely getting better due to focusing on stretching in that area. I think also that going to single limb based workouts during strength training (single leg lifts, single leg squats, etc.) has helped to balance things out a bit.
  • Right foot: No Planchar pain at all this week. I suspect that the issue was my running shoes. I picked up a pair of Asics 1110's to gain a bit more cushioning which probably helped.
  • Left elbow: My joitn pain is not getting better. I think it's a touch of tendonitis. It's not affecting my tri-specific workouts but I can definitely feel it during some of my strength training and throughout the day. This week I plan to cut back on any any strength exercises that put a lot of stress on the elbow and see how it goes.

    Next Week's Adjustments
    For next week I plan to adjust my nutrition and bump my swim times up a bit. I'm finding I don't have enough time to complete the prescribed swim workouts so I'll try to start a bit earlier and see what I can fit in. Will also be adjusting my strength training to not stress my elbow. Finally, the big goal next week will be to complete all workouts as prescribed.
  • 1 comment:

    Cindy Jo said...

    I'm so jealous! I've been sick and haven't trained AT ALL for over a week. Not even stretching! :(