Monday, January 22, 2007

Week in Review (1/15 - 1/21)

All workouts continue to be solid. I'm getting a lot better at focusing on the goals of the workouts on my training plan, though it's difficult to follow them to the letter, especially the biking workouts since I'm doing spin classes. This was week 3 of my prep phase - another two more before I start adding more weekly hours as I move into base training.



My time in zone 1 is getting better as well due to a lot of focus keeping my distance workouts in lower heart rate zones. I still think my current heart rate zones are not correct though. My tri club has a coach that offers LT testing so I'm going to arrange a time with him to do that as well as a gait analysis of my run.



I missed my run target this week by a little over ten minutes, though in the grand scheme of things I don't think this will hurt me! My long run was tough because of the weather conditions - snowy and pretty slick. I used this to my advantage though. If you strike with your heel in slick conditions you end up on your butt pretty quickly. So the conditions forced me to focus on running flat footed during the entire run, which will hopefully help my run form along.

Another positive this weeks is that an old groin injury that has been plaguing me for months is starting to go away as is some left side back pain that started creeping in a few weeks ago. I think that switching my stretching routine to yoga and mixing up my core routine has definitely helped, as has dropping the intensity of my workouts due to the prep/base training nature of the workouts.

2 comments:

Habeela said...

Congrats on the injuries healing!

Crackhead said...

Hey, you geek! You have been TAGGED. Please visit my blog for details (and a good laugh).