Monday, September 18, 2006

Summaries

Another way too busy day, week, month.....

Workout Summary (Friday)
  • 3060 yd swim - LSD

    Workout Summary (Saturday)
  • 67 mile bike ride - Tempo

    Workout Summary (Sunday)
  • 15.5 mile run - LSD



    Weekly Summary
    Midweek bricks went very well. I was expecting to be pretty wiped from the 20 mile run the previous Saturday but I guess taking Sunday/Monday off allowed enough recovery time as I felt very strong during all workouts.

    Fridays long swim was ok - probably due to pushing hard on the mid week bricks. Didn't feel my stroke coming from abs as I had on the previous week - will have to focus on that this week. On the bright side though, at the end of the workout I felt I could have gone for a lot longer.

    Got out on the road bike with some folks from the ABD club for a great (albeit windy) bike ride on Saturday. I switched out the handlebars on my road bike Friday night which seemed to make a huge difference. The new handlebars have less reach and the drops extend behind the bar by about an inch. For me this extension allows a much more comfortable cruising position while down in the drops. Prior to this I didn't spend a lot of time in the drops because it wasn't comfortable for me. For the tri this week I'll probably go with my road bike since the last couple of rides on my tri bike haven't been very comfortable and I won't have time to sort that out prior to the race.

    Yesterday's long run seemed tougher than my 20 miler last Saturday - probably due to going Tempo for the long bike on Saturday. I did however feel like I could have done a few more miles comfortably so all in all it was a good run.
  • No comments: