Thursday, September 07, 2006

In Flow

For the last few days (probably more like weeks) I've been out of flow. I only realized it today when I somehow began to get back into flow.

Out of flow to me feels like being caught in an undertow. You struggle and fight against it, but you can't make any progress. My mind has been mushy and swirling with negativity. My body has felt beaten and weak. My spirit has felt trapped and restless.

In flow feels like you're riding a wave back to shore. Form is on and everything feels right. Today my mind was sharp and focused. My body felt strong and efficient. My spirt soared.

It's good to be back in flow.


Workout Summary (Tuesday)
  • 2160 yd swim - (360 hard, 360 easy) * 3
  • 45 minute spin class - endurance ride
  • 5 mile run - tempo
  • 30 minutes circuit/core/stretching

    Workout Summary (Thursday)
  • 40 minute swim - S&D (skills and drills)
  • 45 minute spin class - hill ride
  • 6 mile run - tempo
  • 30 minutes circuit/core/stretching

    During Tuesday's workouts I was still pretty wiped from the long Sunday run. Body overall was a bit sore so I didn't push any of the workouts too hard.

    Thursday's workouts felt great. I've been doing tons of distance swimming lately so I've decided to drop back on Thursdays and focus on form and drills. My pet project for swimming over the off season will be to get more comfortable breathing on my left side and continue to perfect my pull and position in the water. Spin class was tolerable and my run felt strong.

    As much as I'd like to maintain a Wednesday mid-range run, my schedule just isn't allowing for it on a regular basis. Dissapointing but nothing much can be done about it - unless of course I hit the lottery and don't have to work any more!
  • No comments: