Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Has it really been since May 2007 that I last posted? Boy, did I slip out of the current.

I'm not sure what really happened. Why I went from prolific posting to radio silence for nearly 3 years. Initially I became distracted. My new Mac account promised flexibility and a perception of convenience. For a while I maintained the trilikemike site, but then let it go. As anyone has ridden in a fast pace group knows, once you make the decision to let go, it's very difficult to re-engage.

Many things have happened in the last 3 years. A new baby (born May 25, 2009) and another on the way (due 2/3/2011). I've changed jobs within Motorola - to one that is much more demanding and stressful, but offers far better breadth and affords much better experience.

Triathlon has to some extent taken a back seat in my life. I still train. I'm not able to race as often as I'd like. I can no longer afford the long training hours on weekends, so I'm limited to shorter distances. I've been injured more, due to a combination of age and inconsistencies in my training. I struggle with motivation, and discipline - at least in my "sporting" life.

So there it is. With that said, enough with the whining excuses and complete lack of discipline. Time to resharpen the blade and get back in the saddle.

No comments: