Thursday, May 24, 2007

Closing Shop

Hey! I'm still alive! I haven't been posting lately because I'm in the process of closing up shop here in blogspot and moving to a different blog hosting service. Why?

Last week I went Mac. Once you go Mac you'll never go back. I agonized over this decision for about a month. Bottom line is that I just got sick and tired of spending time at home trying to keep my Windoze computers running - I was the IT guy at home as well as work. The whole "It just works" mantra from the Apple crowd was appealing. I'm a believer now. I've also discovered .Mac which allows me a lot more ease and flexibility in what I can publish - I can finally easily share photos, run and bike routes, create adhoc websites, etc. I'm in the process of transferring my blog contents over to the new site. Once I'm fully setup I'll post the link to the new digs here.

BTW - competed in the Memphis in May tri this past weekend. Trip report will be up on the new site when I'm done (hopefully over the weekend). Short story - awesome course and race, great day, and a new Olympic distance PR for me - 2:16.

3 comments:

Habeela said...

YAY! Another MAC convert! Trust me - you'll never regret the switch! Looking forward to the race report. :)

The (IRON) Clyde said...

2:16? Damn man, you keep this you might be able to switch something else.

Your job.

From whatever you do now to Professional Triathlete.

E-Speed said...

congrats on the PR!