Monday, March 12, 2007

Back in the Saddle

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of challenge - evident from my relative lack of posting lately! Things are finally settling down though so I can start back to some of the lower priority items.

This weekend the weather warmed up so I dusted off my mountain bike, pumped up the tires, and went outside for a change. It was a long, rambling, unstructured ride. More like the kind of rides I did as a kid. After a while it turned into a sort of scouting trip. I explored some neighborhoods that I'd only glimpsed at as I blazed by on my road bike last summer. I looked for alternative ways to get to my favorite routes, and new ways to piece those routes together. I lost track of the number of times I doubled back after hitting a dead end or getting dumped off on a heavily trafficked road. I didn't care. It was just good to be back in the saddle, cruising around and enjoying being outside again.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

Hey I didn't know you might be doing flying pig!

Hopefully we can meet up again if you do!

Sounds like you had quite a nice exploratory ride.